About the Oboz Trail Experience
Oboz Footwear and Public Lands are inviting you to complete as many of Pittsburgh's selected trails as you can from August 15 - September 15. This Experience is designed for you to re-discover your favorite trails, learn about new or lesser-known trails, push your limits, and recreate locally! You’ll also have the chance to compete against local legends, your peers, or just yourself if that’s more your style.
Activities are limited to hiking, walking, running, and people utilizing mobility assistive devices.
All participants will receive various swag from Oboz Footwear, Public Lands, and other supporting partners. Unlock other rewards by completing Promoted Trails and everyone who completes even just one trail will be entered to win one of five pairs of Oboz shoes at the end of the Experience! The more trails you complete, the more entries you'll receive!
- July 15 - Registration opens
- August 15- Oboz Trail Experience begins
- September 15 - Last day of the Oboz Trail Experience
- September 29 - After-Party! 6-8pm at Public Lands
Participating is a Few Clicks Away and Registration is Free
1. Create an account with Terrain Scouts.
2. Register for the Oboz Trail Experience.
3. Link an Activity Tracking account to the challenge (don’t worry, there are several free tracking options! You’ll be able to create one if you don’t already have one).
4. If you are using an Activity Tracking app on your phone, be sure it is downloaded and that you are logged on. Better yet, go test it out and make sure you know how to start, end, and save your activities!
Registration Tutorial Video (2:06)
Engage With Your Trail Community
Be sure to check in throughout the month to see your progress, view the Current Standings, Activity Feed, and Discussion Board. Use #oboztrailx and #oboztrailxpittsburgh to share your trail pictures on Instagram and please join the Oboz Trail Experience Facebook group to connect with others, share pictures, talk about your trail experiences, and receive updates.
And, please remember to always respect our local Pittsburgh trails. Refer to the Leave No Trace Principles, take only pictures, leave only footprints, and pick up any litter you find along the way.
About Public Lands
Public Lands is committed to protecting and celebrating our nation’s public lands, and ensuring everyone has the opportunity to enjoy them. From the products that stock our shelves to the gear we rent and repair and the materials used to build our store, we are conscious about our impact on the earth and our community. We want to share our journey of continual learning and improvement as we work to break down barriers of access and equity in the outdoors, be better stewards of places both local and national, and honor the history and cultures surrounding our public lands. In support of this mission, Public Lands is donating 1% of sales to the Public Lands Fund, which supports organizations protecting public lands and making them more accessible to all.